View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Please tell me what to do. (Boring job)

[ QUOTE ]
Get a raise or leave if you don't like it. Make it worth your while one way or the other. That kind of commute is absurd. Your whole day is wasted. I'd definitely look elsewhere. 8 years? That's forever in this day and age. It's not like it used to be where someone worked for one company from college to retirement.

I'm a software engineer as well. What language? With 8+ years experience, you should be able to get a really good paying job if you use the right types of technology.

[/ QUOTE ]
Negative, ghostrider. I was a finance major in college who fell into a software development job. Pretty much taught myself how to program in C and Fortran and whatever old techs my company was built upon. Don't really like programming, so am reluctant to go back to school. So basically my resume sucks, and I am too swamped to think about looking for something else right now. Wife works part-time, so this is all on my shoulders. It sucks. I'd like to do something completely different with my life, but I'm not qualified or experienced to do anything else.