View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Amazing!

[ QUOTE ]
You do mention The Insurrection Act again, which was not needed, as the President has other authorities granted to him to send National Guard in this type of situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't believe you. Prove this is so, because everything I've read so far has indicated that the President has no such power in these circumstances.

[ QUOTE ]
Daddy Bush did just that. He issued a proclamation over the Rodney King riots, and federalized the California National Guard four hours later, over the objections of local authorities, during the Rodney King riots.

[/ QUOTE ]
The mayor requested federal troops and the governor approved. They DID request this federalization, which btw occured after the CANG had more or less accomplished the task of restorign law and order. I'm not sure which "local authorities" that objected you're talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
So put your hands over your ears -- chant LA-LA-LA-LA-LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU - LA-LA-LA-LA-LA -- and keep beliveing that the President can't federalize troops without permission for the State.

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU have done nothing to support your contention that the President has such a power except point to an example that doesn't even support your conclusion.