View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Dating a neighbor...

[ QUOTE ]
terrible.

she will want to come over all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily true. A million years ago when I was single I lived in an apartment complex. In the apartment directly across from me lived a single woman, my age, attractive, but not my type. We would smile and say hello and a little small talk but that was it.

After about 6 months, one night I get a knock on the door about midnight. It's her and she tells me she's got a date and made a mistake and asked the guy up for a drink and he won't leave and would I just come over and have a drink and hopefully the guy would get the hint and leave.

The guy got the hint immediately and left. As I'm getting up to leave she asks me to hang around and have another drink and I ended up spending the night with her. I was worried just as you are that she was going to want to come over to place all the time and cramp my style, but no, we just continued on as before for about another 6 months.

Then I got a knock on the door again around midnight, same scenario with a date she couldn't get rid of and I end up spending the night again. And again, we went back to our usual hellos in the hallway like nothing happened.

Eventually she got a steady bf and got married so no more late night rescues for me.