Thread: PL Omaha hand
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 11:07 AM

Default PL Omaha hand

I've been playing PL Omaha High on Party all morning, and I have to say that it is great. I love that feeling when I have the nuts and 3 people are calling me down, and it happens so much more often in Omaha than in Hold'em. And they do call me down (which is inexplicable because I have yet to show down anything less than the nuts).

Anyway, I am really just a beginner at Omaha High, so any advice at all is very welcome. Obviously, I've got the "play for the nuts only" down pat, but I am still unsure when to play a drawing hand strong.

A couple of hands:

Hand #1: I have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and get a free play in the BB, after 4 or 5 limpers.

Flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], giving me a weak flush and a straight flush draw. Do you bet out here? I bet, got one caller. Turn was a blank and I checked, he bet pot, and I folded.

Hand #2: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. 5 limpers but no raise to me. I consider calling for the cheap flop, but fold. Do you call here?

Flop was K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which would have given me a couple of hundred outs to the nuts or near nuts. (Actually, 10 outs for nuts, 4 outs for hands I feel pretty good about, and eight diamonds for K-high flushes.)

If you had called here, is this a draw worth betting?

Thanks in advance. Zag