View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Condie Rice and Colon Powell are about as familiar with the struggle of poor blacks as Paris Hilton. Besides, if you were Republican and you had a reputation for giving a rat's patoot about minorities wouldn't you scatter a few around the cabinet to deflect criticism? Don't beat up Bush too much though, he doesn't know any better. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain; Rove.

Kanye for President

[/ QUOTE ]
Your post gets my vote as the dumbest post ever made on 2+2....by far!

First, you have no [censored] clue what you're talking about when it comes to Condi and Powell. Both come from poor backgrounds. Take even a cursory look at either one's biography. Comparing them to Paris Hilton is ludicrous.

Second, what would you have said if Bush had placed no blacks in his administration? Given your open hatred of Bush (let me guess, you're a partisan Democrat who blindly hates any Republican, right?), you'd surely say that it was proof that Bush is racist. So, no black in administration = Bush racist. And blacks in administration = Bush racist too. Why don't you just say that Michael Moore or whatever loonie you worship told you that Bush is racist regardless of what he does and be done with it?

Finally, the thing with Rove is a wonderful conspiracy theory. Maybe you should write a book about it some day.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you completely that the poster you are responding to is a complete idiot and is likely ignorant of the backgrounds of Rice, Powell, and West I am pretty certain that Condoleezza Rice's family was not poor but more properly described as middle class. Her father was a minister and guideance counselor in Birmingham when she was growing up and her mother taught music. They were friends, from what I've read, with some of the wealthier black families in Birmingham. I grew up in Tuscaloosa around the same time she lived in Birmingham so I think I have a pretty good idea of the type of conditions she grew up in. To say her upbringing and background is in any way similar to that of Paris Hilton is just about the most laughable and moronic thing I think I've ever read here on 2+2 and check my reged date.