View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: JT hand on 2/4 Party

[ QUOTE ]
the turn is so awesome. you fold out a million better hands by CO. well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. If I recall correctly, you were pretty against Josh's turn raise in the A hand from the archives thread because you thought there was little value in it. It doesn't matter if you were or weren't against it though; here I see little value in the turn check/raise with respect to the reason that you're thinking.

A good CO pushes AA/KK/AQ/KQ harder on the flop, certainly if he has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and especially with the board being so draw heavy and the possibility that the Button is going for a free card.

A good CO doesn't bet the flop with AJ/KJ unless he has a flush draw to boot in which case he isn't going anywhere.

So what I'm saying is I think the CO rarely (read almost never) has any of the hands you think you're getting rid of and if the turn check/raise is correct, it's not for the reason that you think.

Finally you have the advantage of seeing the CO's reaction to the turn check/raise. That doesn't mean that a priori it was a good check/raise.

From reading a lot of your posts carefully over the past few weeks, I get the sense that you just like aggression. You don't think about when and where it should be placed. You just raise preflop and postflop you bet and raise and stop 'n' go go go without thinking about it and its consequences carefully enough. I could be wrong, but those are my observations and I hope you find them helpful.