View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Some questions to Alex Re: My poker progression

Hi Alex, thanks for your post. I too have played for a year but I don't have anything near your result . I am currently playing 5/10 and struggling with TAG games.
Here is my question to your post:
1. Blind defense: I know you need to defend blind more as game gets tighter. But if you have several people already in the pot, it's not really a blind defense case, right? In my past experience I find calling a raise with suited hands in BB with less than 3 opponents in a losing play. Is it because I don't play aggressive post-flop?

2. Proper semi-bluffing, I don't understand why you suggest 3-bet turn if check-raised. I think the opponent will alway call your 3 bet and then call river bet because he's alreday put so much in the pot. what do you think?

Also when you say peoples make mistake by " not betting river", do you mean one should always bet river if the flush doesn't come? I tried this but always get called.

3 Variety. I guess I am one of those "ABC poker" guys you mentioned. Whenever I loosen up to change my play I get caught. I just stopped doing that.

Thanks for any suggestions. I appreciate it.