View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 PM

Default AK flops TPTK and I fold???

MP3 here is an unknown. I've only see 3 hands with nothing I've noted. I have about 350 hands against CO and he is a tight-passive-neutral player. He has only raised 4% of the hands PF. He is aggressive with good hands but doesn't seem to bluff (or at least very rarely). Other than being a little too passive, he is a quality player.

Is the cap OK here or should I just have called? As everyone knows the LRR can be anything from suited trash to a monster pair. I felt like capping may give me the initiative and I probably had an equity advantage on the field. Most importantly, is my flop fold reasonable? I'm still not ready to give MP3 credit for a monster. I would definitely two bet him. My concern is the 2 bet from CO into a preflop capper. My read says he must have a monster. QJs, 99, TT all seem likely and two pair is possible but less likely (I don't think he'd 2 bet that flop with 2 pair). I'm trying to be more aware of reads and putting people on hands. I realize I'm getting huge odds but I feel like I'm likely drawing very thin against CO(probably need runner-runner) and I could be facing a 3bet and a cap so I folded.

Assuming someone wants to go forward, what is your plan?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, ....