View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: AK, M ratio = 6.5, Is this a Push?

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was I want take this pot down PF. I want everybody behind me fold. I want the 3xBB raiser fold with my push. AK is a very good hand. But it is not bullet proof.
Even 32 has a good percentage chance to outdraw AK.
Is this "take the pot down now" a good or bad thinking?

If I want to take this pot down now, what is the best way to get people fold? I can raise from $1800 to $4000 or $5000 or push my $8800 all in. Which one has better FE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thinking and you understand why. Pushing is best not just for FE but for the "all five cards" factor.

[ QUOTE ]
I am relatively short stacked (M=6.5, stack=14xBB).
Should I forget about "take this pot down now",
instead try to get more chips in the pot and try to win more?
You don't get many hands like AK. Should we try to win more chips with it? Is this a bad thinking? why is it bad?
To win more chips, we can call $1800 bet and hope to get more callers. Or we can min-raise the MP1 and hope MP1 will call min-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad thinking. You only have ace high and you can't slowplay ace high. Push it in, and either take the pot (Which is a significant addition to your stack at this point) or give yourself five cards to catch top pair.

You can't slowplay AK because it immediately becomes worthless if you don't pair and there's any kind of action. Again, the "all five cards" factor-- you can't make top pair on the turn or river if you aren't there for it.