View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: I get fancy and play bad

the turn checkraise (particularly the amount) I find a little odd......what did you put him on?....if you thought you were ahead of a made hand, and the checkraise was for value, I'd probably bet the river and fold to a raise....if you put him on air, I might've just called the turn bet and then checked the river (calling anything of course)....(although, even given the line you took if you still had him on air on the turn, I think you should check/call the river).....

if you had him on some kind of draw or weren't quite sure, I would've either check/called turn and check/called river just for pot control purposes OR I would've checkraised the turn huge - much bigger than the amount you chose and an amount that committed me.....I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like your turn checkraise just bloated the pot and put villain in a spot to make life tough for you (particularly because he's got position/the table description you gave)......what were this guy's bluffing tendencies anyway?....