View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: 3/6 play and leak review - please help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From now on, I will sit down only if I can get a seat 1 or 2 players to the left of the fish, otherwise I will pass on the table until a better seat opens.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense. You want the fish sitting to your left so that they'll cold-call your raises, but rarely reraise. Similarly, they'll keep calling and go to showdown with weak hands. It's the maniacs/LAG's that you don't want on your left.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. You definitely want the fish to your right so that you can manipulate them more. Isolate them with a raise pre-flop, let them call one early bet then raise so they'll pay too much for the next card, etc. Sure, you want the LAGs there too, but really, you want everyone there.

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, I'm skeptical about how big these leaks are, except for table/seat selection. The issues you bring up concern your preflop play, which isn't very important if you have half an idea of what you're supposed to be doing. If you're like me, then your real leaks are coming from your postflop play, like not going to showdown often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I totally agree with. These leaks together don't sound all that terrible. Fix them, but find other stuff too. (I know you're trying to do that.)