View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: hand reading: BB check-reraise all-in (WCOOP #8 4th hour)

Ok, here's my shot.

[ QUOTE ]
A. Hand range for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand range preflop is big but not huge. Suited As, Big A, PP, not AK or JJ and up, probably not AQ either. You would most likely reraise here with your big hands, as its a great spot for it. When you check push the flop with lots of action you either have a monster hand or a monster draw. 89 of hears, or KQ/KJ of hearts, Ax of hearts or something like that. A set is possible too I suppose or 2 pair although im not entirely sure if 57s or 107s are in your preflop range.

[ QUOTE ]
B. Hand range for CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Cards.

[ QUOTE ]
C. Hand range for Button.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like he's going to be playing a lot of hands here against a raise. All pairs, All suited As, A9o and up, QJ and better, lots of suited connectors. When he raises the flop all that does is narrow it down to at least a pair or a draw. A7s/88/99 are all possibe as is two small hearts, 89 maybe even 68s. Given what we know about the button i wouldnt be surprised to see something funky like that.

[ QUOTE ]
D. Hand range CO can call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

If im CO I am iso-pushing lots of hands here. Im going to the felt with JJ and better definitely, same with two overs with a flush draw or A10 of hearts. Hands like K10/Q10/J10 make me vomit here because I don't think I can call, but I may be making a pretty big FTOP mistake if I fold. Even so though, I toss those in a tourney with a slow structure where I have a nice stack. I will fold bad draws like a baby flush draw, but push good draws in the hopes of either having an equity edge if the button calls, or buying myself more outs by getting the button to fold.

[ QUOTE ]
E. Hand range CO can push with

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.

[ QUOTE ]
F. Hand range Button can call me with (i.e. assume CO has folded).

[/ QUOTE ]

The same as the CO I would think, with the same problems with weak 10s, but with the added price you have to call with them and hope to suck out. Also any flush draw or straight draw is obviously priced in.

[ QUOTE ]
G. Hand range Button can call all-in if CO pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Combo hands like straight flush draws, or pair+flush draw. Also a slow played AA/KK and sets obviously> Maybe the but flush draw also