View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: I finally puked in my mouth playing poker!

Perg - What good is getting 2.5:1 if I'm worse than 2.5:1 underdog to his range?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can be so 100% certain that you're up against a monster here. Donks make donkish raises that look suspicious and make you think they must have QQ or better, even though they don't necessarily do. Of course button probably has a very strong hand, but he will have 88, A9, etc. from time to time, and rarely something completely wacky.

But since button is strongly representing at least AJ or better, and the miniraiser sometimes has a monster too, I don't think folding can be horrible, like many people seem to think. It's just brainless advice to say that you must push with AQ since you won't probably see a better hand. Come on you people! Hand strength is always relative to the situation, and this is a crappy situation.

I'm not helping you at all, am I [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you've helped a bit. Maybe I'm giving button a bit too much credit but I've very rarely seen donkery in this kind of move. I completely agree that hand strength is relative, and I think situation is illustrative of it.