View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Kings under heavy fire, how to act?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, of course, it's possible he could have a set of queens and be afraid of As Ks. But Hero sure didn't play the hand like A-K. I think everyone at the table knows he's got aces or kings. That's why I said it looks like someone who is trying to push him off a hand. Most people who flop top set with that pot size, Hero's stack size, and knowing Hero has aces or kings are either betting out half Hero's stack in an effort to get it all or are c/r him all in. Either way, they're looking to get Hero committed to that pot. Open pushing the flop doesn't fit that MO. Of course, it's possible though. Either way, considering the pot size and stack size, I think Hero has to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I where the villian iŽll put him on high PP or AK.
how do you play Ak in an pot like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Villain puts him on high PP or AK, why would he open push and risk losing Hero? Villain would want to do everything he could do get Hero to committ the rest of his stack. It's possible that Villain could open push with a set of queens, but I think more times than not, he won't play the hand this way. I mean afterall, how many times do you think someone is going to check aces or kings on this flop when everyone has checked to him? The best, surest way to get hero completly committed to this pot is to bet half his stack or c/r him, if necessary since Hero might just push anyway.