View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 01:00 PM

Default Re: how about this one

I don't think you can beat yourself up over this one. You very reasonably put him on a flush draw on the flop which got there on the turn. His betting was consistant with that. On the turn, you are getting 3 to 1 on your call, plus implied odds (though they turned out to be reverse implied odds). However, given that you might be drawing dead, here, giving it up is certainly a reasonable option.

However, I don't really put him on a nut flush draw, because I suspect that he would have raised the flop with top pair and a nut draw. It depends a lot on the player -- there are players who I know would only play the nut flush draw here, and some I know would play any draw.

On the river, you hit what would be the perfect card if your read was correct. You have to go with your instincts, and continue improving them.

However, I do have an issue with the minimum raise preflop, if that is really what you meant to say. It isn't enough to push anybody out, just to build a pot so they can break you with their trap hands. What you would really like is to raise enough so that you are only getting called by AJ and AQ.