Thread: AKo UTG hand
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: AKo UTG hand

If you only post up to the point where you made your decision, you will get better advice. People will be influenced in what they tell you by how the rest of the hand is played.

Do you have any reads on the players? What are buttons standards for cold calling 2 pre flop? This is often a hand like AQ, a medium pocket pair, suited connectors or the like. What would SB have called with preflop? Are they maniacs that bet and raise with nothing on scary boards? A read would really help.

Unless SB is very tricky, I'm not inclined to believe he has a J. He probably would have capped on the flop with all the action. The question is now does button have a J. Could he have a flush draw or gut shot straight draw and play it this way? There are 18 small bets in the pot right now so you are getting 18:1 on the call.

Assuming that button will bet every round and SB will call, you will be getting 13:2.5 to see the river. If you believe that 20% of the time neither has the J, calling down is profitable. Based on this, I would call the flop (closing the action) and see what the turn brings. On the turn you are closing the action (SB didn't bet or CR so it's less like he has it) so I'd call again. In this case, you get the river show down for free.