View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 12:04 PM

Default Re: how about this one

"but it seems with a set he would want to re-rasie on the flop b/c of the flush draw"

I have a really tough time myself against players that don't make what I consider to be the logical play.

Anyhow, it's a tough spot on the turn. If you fold, you may look weak and people may take shots at you when scare cards hit the board. However, if I think through it logically, I think I would still fold here. If you make a flush on the river (without pairing the board), you can't like it much because you have to worry about a higher flush. Of course, making nut flush while pairing the board is worse (not to mention that trying to hit nut flush is chasing a 1 outer).

Having said all that, (and this hyper-aggression may be a weakness in my game - need to start using pokertracker or something), I may have sensed weakness by his bet on the turn (if I decided that he has wasn't slow-playing his flush) and I would have come in over the top all-in on the turn (representing the flush myself). I think that is better than calling in any case. In hindsight, since you were destined to lose all your chips anyway, this should've been your play because he may well have folded to the check-raise all in. Folding is still the logical best play.