View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Push with nines?

I still think he has AA.

I should elaborate though.

The key is his stack size. He starts this hand w/ about 40bb. Since this is your first hand at the table, you don't know if he is stuck or if he bought in short. This info would tell you more about his intentions. He may have a ragged AAxx hand. He limped then calls out of position and short stacked. He's hoping for a non-threatening flop to get it all in on. He may think you are aggressive from prior experience with you, he may think you are on a steal pre-flop, he may figure you for the other two aces and thinks he is freerolling. He may even have the nut low draw!!! J/K I don't think this flop helped him, I just think he thinks he's tied or ahead. I think by betting he will look like he is stealing and he fully expects you to set him in. I am sure he expects the SB to fold as well (I would from your position as well).

A set is unlikely, but in PLO anything is possible. I doubt he'd play a set that fast though, especially with his stack.

As far as what to do? It depends on your buzz. If you wanna gamble, then set him in. I don't see you having any real equity edge though.

PG