View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Does anyone think the Cowboys are gonna be really good?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you wanna do a straight up bet over/under 8 wins for the Cowboys, I'll take the over for up to 300 bucks. Lemme know.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. 8's a push. How do we set up payment. I don't know you so I guess prepayment with a neutral party is best. I recommend 2+2's own Ed Miller as the 3rd party. Shall we both paypal him the $300 and have him remit the $600 to the winner when the bet is decided?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay...I don't know 2+2's Ed Miller, either (I mean, I know who he is, but I know nothing about him other than what I've read in SSHE and I've never met him). Obviously, you're more known on this board than I am...but I've got another bet going with bugstud at the moment, who I was happy to simply trust and him me. I don't know that I'm comfortable pre-sending my bet for holding to anyone I've never met in any way, to be honest. I say we both save this thread and pull it out when the bet is decided to shame the other into payment, if necessary (not that I actually believe it would be). Then we can make payment via a major poker site where we both have accounts, or via PayPal, Neteller, FirePay, etc. Ultimately, I'm saying I trust you to be honorable to your bet, moreso than I trust sending money upfront to someone I don't know personally. How does this sound?