View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Another simple 3/6 hand played like a wuss -- suggestions?

Fold preflop. If your QT were sooted, I'd consider raising to buy the button & isolate on the openlimper.

I like the flop raise. You represent a made hand vs. a draw (which improves your implied odds when you hit), and raising can buy you outs vs. a better Q; it can also knock out single spades that might have had a redraw on you. And it offers the possibility of a free card when you knock out the button.

I'm torn on the turn play because your opponent seems reasonable, albeit over a small sample. Raising the turn could get him to just throw away a weaker hand, while flat calling could encourage him to bet the river as well. OTOH, if he did pick up a pair + draw, he will obviously call the raise and probably call a river bet given the size of the pot. For that reason, I favor a raise--if he 3-bets me, I'm calling down.

Don't include results in your original post--it can affect the advice you get. I didn't look at them yet.

Okay, now I looked at them...I was thinking he had JTs (not spades), but top set would have been even better for you as he would certainly have at least called down after a turn raise.