View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: An exercise in spew.

Pre-flop: I would call the re-raise. Is that standard for you? Not being sarcastic, it's just that it is standard for me not to cap a re-raise with AJo. Maybe I'm too tight?

Flop: I would have bet, too, but wonder whether it was correct to do so. While the pot is large, I think this overcard situation is just so-so for you. With 4 opponents on this coordinated board, you very likely do not have the best hand now. In fact, you may be drawing nearly dead if someone has the 9, and even if you improve you are very likely subject to a winning flush and straight re-draws from your opponents. You have no backdoor draws, thus you are left with your overcard outs, which are not fully valued because of the threat of domination. I estimate 4 outs. Also, betting now is unlikely to win the pot right now, though I agree it may increase your chance of winning, perhaps significantly, if 2 will fold -- but is it enough in light of the weaknesses just mentioned? (I'm doubting it is). Betting here may get you a free card, but at this point I'm not sure.

Turn: I would not have raised. I understand wanting to buy outs, but in this case (mostly for the reasons stated above), I think you are better off seeing the showdown cheaply.