View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Obsessive personality

I'm generally an obsessive competitive person, I played sports in school and for clubs but I wouldn't say that was an obsession, my obsessions have generally been things that have really sparked my mind, including; dj'ing, computer games and obviously poker.

Its hard to compare my interests to one another but I think the one key similarity is that I always try to become the best that I can, whether its focusing on the finer points of chance and psychology when thinking about poker or focusing on the progression, track selection and mixing technique for my next set. I don't really see this in many of my friends.

The odd thing is, this makes my friends sound lazy when infact the opposite is true, I'm always rushing my assignments at the last minute (I have it down to a fine art [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), I never go to the gym and I do the minimum hours of work that I can (partly because I hate the part time job that I have and partly because of the $ from poker).

I think poker changes the way people view life, it is a great mentor, like any good obsession is.

P.S

Why is this thread in this forum?