View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: AKs vs unknown + donk

[ QUOTE ]
2/4, on party, 9 handed. MP3 is somewhat fishy, but not terrible. Button thinks he is a hand reading wizard. He loves to call down with high cards and attempt impossible bluffs in big pots. BB is unknown.

Preflop: Hero UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero raises, MP3 calls, button calls, BB calls.

Flop (4 BB): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks, hero bets, MP3 folds, button calls, BB raises, hero 3-bets, button calls, BB calls.

Turn (7.5 BB): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, hero checks, button bets, BB raises, hero fold.

Preflop is easy, the flop seems standard, then things get ugly. My standard line would be to bet and fold to a c/r from the BB here, does that sound right? But I was confident the button would bet and I'd know if the c/r was happening for one less bet. This makes the fold much easier. The only problem with this is the BB may also recognize that the button is a moron and use him to push me around.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy turn fold. I play the same way you did. Even if BB is using Button's retardedness against you, it's still a good fold. You're getting only 3.25:1 to call, you may be drawing dead, and you have to worry about the river.

Muck it, baby.