View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Clueless with flop of AAK

I agree c/c makes sense.

Thinking about this again, I believe it is conceivable - though far-fetched - to come up with a justification for my line, assuming I was thinking on a level way above what I was actually doing.

Assume that I believe the villain is good, and I think he considers me good (call this the first wild assumption).

Initially, by calling the pf raise, he should figure I have a decent starting hand. When I c/r the flop, he should naturally assume that I do not have an A; since ordinarily I'd wait until the turn to raise him. But if he knows that I know that he's aware of that, then the c/r should throw him off. So, the c/r could operate as a bluff, then.

As the hand turned out, though, I think I should have either re-raised the turn, or led the river. For it is unlikely that he would raise the turn if HE has the Ace; once I c/r the flop, he should figure that he could count on me to lead the turn and the river. Unless, of course, he is pulling the same move that I presumably did on the flop.

It would have been fun to be thinking like that, but I was actually just flailing around wildly. Or maybe I was operating on a whole other level subconsciously? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

NAH.