View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: prank phone calls

- Inadvertant Prank Call -

Preface: I'm a single father to two daughters.

1997 - My then 11 year old, had one of her many sleepovers. Two of her friends, all together, determined to ruin my night. Long after I retired to my room, the girls where making prank phone calls to...who knows. One of the girls, not knowing that the "7" on my daughters phone stuck, attempted to dial 791-1xxx (791 being a common prefix in our area).

Of course, the 911 operator gets on the line...the girls panic and hang up. Apparently, the operator attempted to call our house back - which they did not answer.

I awake at 2:something-am, to a violent pounding on the door. Having know idea where/what the girls are up to, I throw a sheet around my mostly naked body and tear downstairs. Peeking out the peep-hole, like a scared girl myself, I see two uniformed police officers.

I open the door wide, and I am told that a 911 call has come from my house. Still a little fuzzy, I tell them there must be a mistake..."no problem here". The officers seeing me "naked", but draped in a sheet, spot 3 pre-teen girls over my shoulder, creaping nervously into the stairway. "Sir, is your wife home?"....."Um, I'm not married" - wondering why they would ask such a thing. "Sir, if you don't mind, we would like to come in".

Sooooooooo anyway. After what felt like a lifetime of interrogation, and repeated assurances from the girls...that they're not in any harm!!(not YET they aren't!)...they leave.

I'm quite certain my name is logged in some "possible pedifile" file downtown [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]