View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Tricky hand observed on stars last night...

Once min raise goes through, CO has to make a decision. Doesn't look like the LAG is folding (at least not on the turn) and I think there's enough information to make a decision whether it's worth continuing. For me, I probably just say f it and pay off with middle set. If you can't get it all in versus a LAG without the nuts, I think you're going to have a few problems:

1. Not playing aggressively enough with strong hands
2. Getting run over by the LAG guy.

I try to make a decision before the flop how I'm going to handle different flops here. You may lose money in the hand doing that, but it beats the hell out of making a bunch of tricky decisions against an unpredictable player. It seems almost like there are a bunch of dark tunnel bets going down here, largely directionless.

I could totally see a LAG player either having the nuts here or representing them and if he's playing properly, the guy is going to take advantage of position, like he has a very strong chance of doing here.

I prefer to make these decisions and get on with my life rather than agonizing over them and especially with ones like this where there is a good amount of uncertainty. Once I see the outcome, I can learn about the player and adjust my game accordingly.