View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: What should I expect from my bankroll growth ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So far, since I got home (was at the lake the last two days) I have had my aggressiveness in check (although I just got the short end of the stick - some "person" raised PF on the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the round ended up four betting, with 6 of us in the pot ... I had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and was already in the pot for two bets when it came back to me at 4 bets - considering it was only 20c I figured ok...

Flop came 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't ahve all the details of the hand, but raising a hand like JTs, T9s, or 87s OTB after a 3+ limpers is far from a bad play .. putting in 4bets preflop with K7s though almost always is. and folding T9s with the 4flush with that flop would be terrible, sorry your 2pair lost, it happens a lot, start getting used to this, if you want to succeed at poker.

[ QUOTE ]
The very next hand, he calls my preflop raise - I am holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG and raise, he calls 2 bets cold, and on the river I find out he is holding 84o and managed to pair them both on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

keep crying .. but if you can't see why you want him calling with 84o, think about it some more

So you see what I am up against - these guys aren't loose -they are suicidal...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, yeah - wait til I catch em - they will pay - BUT THEY LEAVE THE TABLE BEFORE I DO! lol

hmm.. he hasn't left yet - maybe I'll get lucky tonight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ok, just got $1 back - maybe this will keep up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

besides, I am up from $10 to $11.50 at the moment anyway (was at almost $13 before captain insano caught me with his flush draw)

[/ QUOTE ]

captain insano might be insane based off of the 84o hand, but likely played the T9s pretty well, given the little info I had about the hand, and stop thinking you will get people to fold FD's it won't happen

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand - please see a previous response - I was just venting (yes he was captain insano because of the 84o and other hands I saw him play)