View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: What should I expect from my bankroll growth ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So far, since I got home (was at the lake the last two days) I have had my aggressiveness in check (although I just got the short end of the stick - some "person" raised PF on the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the round ended up four betting, with 6 of us in the pot ... I had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and was already in the pot for two bets when it came back to me at 4 bets - considering it was only 20c I figured ok...

Flop came 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

He played that hand better than you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know - normally I would fold K7s preflop in that position... but it was only one bet from a table of limpers when it got to me, and two of the raisers were people who raised with nothing, just because they can raise - so I thought I had nothing to fear, and had I not flopped 2 pair, I would have let it go (besides, I probably had the best hand all the way to the river...) but then there were 5 callers in there - that turned out to be almost a $6 pot, so noone could let it go (yes, that was at the .05/.10 table) so I don't blame the guy for sticking around, I was just frustrated, and since I can't vent my frustration at the table, I came here to do that.