View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Thinking of moving to PartyPoker 1/2

[ QUOTE ]
Number 1? No brainer go dump 150-200 BB at 1/2 and see if you can crack it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah especially b/c it sounds like you can always redeposit if you take a beating. If you're beating .5/1 you can beat 1/2 with good game selection

[ QUOTE ]

Some tips for 1/2:
When defending blinds, most people are not stealing at 1/2. They have a 10% or better PF hand when they raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't stress this enough. I think the default at 1/2 is that people do not steal that much with weak hands. Unless someone is stealing all the time and is obviously doing it with any two. However, at this point you should no longer be sitting at the table. At 1/2 it is so easy on Party to find loose games where blind defense situations are rare. Steal from the weak-tighties though when you get the chance.

[ QUOTE ]

There are more decent players here, but plenty of bad ones. Worry less about table VP$IP than getting position on the bad players and not playing out of position to a TAG.

The bets are doubled, so one bad night could easily take out 1/4-1/2 of your online cash. You might be able to afford a $100 reload every 2 week, but do you really want to?

Variance will make you her bitch whenever she wants. And with as few hands as you have, I would say you aren't prepared to for what it's like. I sure wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

All great advice. Good luck.