View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Putting Coke in Freezer to cool faster?

Do your friends have one of those weird freezers that are actually warmer than the fridge? Do they not know the difference between hot and cold? Do they believe the fridge and the freezer are magical black boxes?

I suggest a prop bet involving two identical cans of pop (yes, pop), a thermometer, a refridgerator, and a freezer set to a temperature noticeably colder than the refridgerator. Be sure to have the experiment run for a long enough time to get significant cooling, but not long enough to reach stable temperature. Maybe you'd be well-served to heat the pop up a bit in order to give yourself a greater temperature gradient and more obvious results. It also might be interesting to have another prop bet to see which can heats up faster - the one above the burner on low and the one above the burner at max power. It might also be entertaining if watched from a distance and with the proper safety equipment. A third bit of fun could be to superheat the pop cans and quench them in a bucket of ice. The possibilities are endless if you've got a couple idiots willing to carry them out.

If you'll let me get in on the betting, I'd like to wager a significant amount of money on the freezer cooling the pop faster than the refridgerator.