View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: where are the non-time charge 1-2NL games in AC?

[ QUOTE ]
How does the skill level at the Borg 2/5 compare to the 1/2 there? Is it more or less the same player pool? Or do higher-level players slum it at the 2/5 while waiting for higher games? This was the feeling I got at the Trop 2/5 -- I felt like I was in over my head (I am usually profitable at the 1/2 NL level).

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2-5 games at Borgata are considerably more aggressive than the 1-2 games... though in the end they may be just as profitable or perhaps more profitable as a result of some of the stupid agresssion you'll see. Guys waiting for 5-10NL or 10-25NL will often sit in the 2-5 while they're waiting, since 2-5 tends to have the shortest lists on Fridays/Saturdays. Another thing I've observed in the 2-5: deeper stacks than 1-2. At a Borgata 1-2 table, you'll have one, two, maaaaybe three stacks of 2.5x the max buy-in or more, and you seldom see someone sitting with $1K in front of them. OTOH, in the 2-5 I've seen a much higher percentage of players sitting with 2.5x the buy-in, and a higher % of players sitting with ~2K.