View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: WSOP broadcast schedule in Canada

[ QUOTE ]
played the calgary event, I wasn't completly pleased with the structure as a whole but the first few hours were very deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tournament structure may have been fine, I am just saying that the televised portion sucked because most players could only move in or fold. They really need to consider backing off the blinds when they begin the T.V portion. My guess is that the play is considerably tighter right before the T.V bubble and that partially accounts for the higher blinds for the televised portion.

They just showed another episode, this one from Yellowhead or Yellowstone and there was considerably more play, I liked it quite a bit more. However, Van Horn obviously knows nothing about poker ( my favorite line of his "interesting move.....folding with the best hand") and the guy they had doing the analysis of hands really guffed one up when a player checked the river with top two pair and was deliberating after his opponent made a medium sized bet. I knew he was trying to decide between calling or raising and they both thought he was deciding whether to call or fold. They both seemed shocked when he raised, which was pretty ridiculous.