View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Debunking the \"Blame Nagin and Blanco\" Talking Points

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has every thing to do with your points.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are looking too broadly here. I was merely answering the assertion that the snopes link refuted "Blame Nagin and Blanco Talking Points". It clearly doesnt and I brought some points to show that. Did I say anywhere that the feds had no share in the incompetence shown during this disaster ? The answer is no of course. I answered a very precise assertion with a a precise rebuttal. Your response to me went outside those bounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for moving out-of-bounds. I agree that the LA local and state response was poor but they at least followed the protocols for aid and met previous evac and scenario requirements. I do fault them for not having more troops at the Superdome pre-hurricane since there has been historical evidence of problems there during an evac.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have more to say about this assertion (and the rest of your points)in a separate post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a bad feeling we are going to have a long discussion on incident command procedures and decision trees
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW Bush dug his own grave on this one. He chose to continue to do his promotions instead of responding to the hurricane on Tuesday. Pictures of him playing guitar and eating cake aren't helping his 'I've done all I could' response to the incident. He probably would have gotten a lot less heat himself if he would have been seen as being in command initially.