View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Stud8 satellite FT

I'd like to give my reasoning here street by street.....

On 3rd, I think the call is fine. A decent low draw, 3 to a straight, and possible flush combo going here.... actually, I think it's an easy call, and, depending on the table structure, I MAY even re-raise from time to time

4th - 4 cards to a lock/lock situation, and what is obviuosly lock low, this is an easy raise, however, one of our 2's is dead, so we have 3 outs to the lock/lock situation.

5th - This is where it gets interesting for me. We still have a lock low draw, have picked up our BD FD, but villain also now has a possible low made. When out bet is called, I wouldn't like it very much at all. Villain cannot know that we have a lock low draw here, yet continues to call when we have a better board. At this point, I think I have to put im on a made low, paired hole cards, or possibly 2 pair at this time, although I would tend to think 2 pr raises at this point.

6th - We've paired our Ace, but there is another ace out, our opp. now has 3 hearts showing, and 3 low showing. The only thing that we beat now would be if our opp had a pair for his hole cards, or is chasing some draw this far into the hand. I think at this point, I check and call down, being happy to get to SD as cheaply as possible.

7th - Well, we have caught a decent card if our opp had a pair of aces, but no K, Q, J, or T under as well. In this case, I don't think betting does anything for us. We CANNOT win a low, we can only win a high. Villain HAS to have something to be calling this much, and better high hands (and SOME low) hands will raise us everytime on this river. I just can't see what betting here does for us. I make a reluctant check/call here, expecting to see at minimum, a low made on 5th, and a split pot. It IS possible for us to scoop with high here, but I don't think it's likely enough to warrant a bet on the end.