Thread: AA 10/20 6max
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: AA 10/20 6max

[ QUOTE ]
what you said about the sets make sense for a thinking player. what about the less intelligent out there? or, by 10/20 everyone knows to play a set better than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think capping flop with a set is something u do because u are not thinking. The other way around is more likely.

I think capping a set is fine against a TAG becuase if I call his flop3bet and raise turn he will never ever 3bet turn, but when we cap flop people (in this thread for example) think we are weaker and are prepared to 3bet turn and lose a bunch.

Against a good player u have to make him think u are weaker then u are, and capping flop is a good way to do this.

Another example of problem with (not) acting weak when u are strong:

10/20SH: A good 2+2 TAG raised me preflop, I 3bet sitting behind with KK and he capped.

Flop was Kxx. He bet, I raised, he 3bet, I called (I could have capped).

Turn Kxxx. He bet, I raised, he 3bet and and now I pretty much knew he had AA. What did I do? I capped without thinking and instantely hated myself. He started to think and think and.... finally called and checkcalled river.

He in chat: I couldnt make myself fold turn.

My point is that when I put him on AA I think its better to call turn and raise river because if I cap I scream: I got set and a strong player will sometimes fold.