Thread: sklanksy's iq
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: sklanksy\'s iq

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Mensa test also has a large number of questions that revolve around seeing patterns, sequences etc. They also demand an entry IQ (based on their tests) of 150 (not the 140 that is implied by the photo above).

I enjoy taking IQ tests, and the half-hour to one-hour of most tests always flys by. FWIW, I've only seen a deviation of about a dozen points in all the tests I've taken, so I consider them pretty consistent, but they are not designed to measure the success that anybody taking the test might have in life.
However, some IQ groups are better suited to specific jobs, or perhaps I should say that some employers have found great success by plugging cerain IQ groups into certain jobs.

As for Mensa, I've been to a few "mixers" and about 80% of the people I talked to were boring enough to make me keep moving. The other 20% were a kick, and had so much more ability to think on different levels that I felt lost at times during conversations [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Personally, I doubt 5% of them could play winning poker above $1/$2. Sure, they kick ass at chess, and have deep understanding for theory, but they can't apply it to poker where the competition is often irrational.

Sorry, got a little carried away there. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]