View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Bush Administration Tries to Hide the Truth (Again)

[ QUOTE ]
It was much more than an inocuous request, according to Brian Williams. Weapons aimed at media members armed only with notepads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, the fight needs people with better reading skills -- or those that don't stoop to misrepresentation in an attempt to win a point.

First, I never used the word "inocuos"; I never judged the validity or strength of the request in any way.

Second, reading the report it was one out-of-town police officer with one "weapon". Notice the distinct lack of a plural. Also, it was likely a pistol that was aimed but it makes better "news" if Mr. Williams characterizes it as "the muzzle of her weapon"; which is of course a likely accurate description but easily invokes an entirely different sense of the occurance and is not an effect overlooked by a person who works with words for a living ( a journalist, not me ).

Third, this incident has no relation to the FEMA representative making the request. This is a different occurance in a different place at a different time. So using it to imply the weapon was aimed at the media members while the request was being made is typical, expected, misleading and detrimental to the real fight.

You complain that the Bush administration is covering the truth then you color and misrepresent the truth to attack -- you see why this gets no one anywhere?