View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Losing a K high flush.

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I was wondering about was if I should have gone all-in with the 2nd best hand before I am in the money.
I appreciate your opinions. I started playing this game 1 1/2 months ago and I love it, I love the simplicity in the beginning and the complexity and strategy involved as you learn more.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were in 11th, and can get all-in vs. the chipleader with that hand, you expect to be doubled up the vast majority of the time. I struggled with this in the beginning, but MTTs are not about barely making the money, because all you get is a little over your buyin ($100 buyin, get back $130). However, the final table will pay upwards of a few thousand or more. Now would you rather fold your way into the money and get $130 on a $100 investment twenty times or come in 1st once for $7K. You gotta play for first, and folding this hand is not worth it.

PS- I give the same advice if you flop the 9 high flush as well. You cannot fold a flopped flush v. a single opponent giving the bet, all-in.