View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Do you play along to keep the table happy?

Games like this can be amazingly fun. One of the best games I ever played in had tons of drink pots and even a dinner pot.

It was a 3-6 game and about half of us at the table were all regulars at this cardroom and we all friendly with each other. The other half was people we had never seen before and they were nice enough to drop at least a couple hundred to each of us. We were all running good so decided to do a beer pot (no free drinks at this card room) between the 5 of us whenever the pot got over $50 (which is most of the time).

It was getting to be around dinner time so I just jokingly threw out the idea of a dinner pot if the pot got over $150 (very rare for this to happen at this game). Everyone agreed and what do you know. 2 pots later (after a live straddle and a blind raise) the pot got up to $153. Prime Rib all around. The dinner cost the guy about $90 or so.

Games like this can definetly be very fun even if they aren't always the most profitable. If I just wanted to play for profit I would play online but playing live can be so much more fun if you get a good table full of people looking to have a good time and maybe win a few bucks here and there.