View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:49 PM

Default 2 days in the life

Ok-- this is partially a venting post, and partially relates to Ribbo's comments about success v. stats. in another post.

Yesterday was the worst imaginable day for me. I played significantly more at higher stakes. I will swear to you for the most part, the table compositions was NOT especially good, and I did not play outside my normal game particularly. I just suffered one bad card after another. If I bet the pot with a +ev hand, I got called and lost. If I made midsized bets on the flop-- to wait until the turn to shove it-- I got blocking cards on the turn. Just every card that fell was wrong everytime. And they were most wrong when I had the most money in the pot! Sure there were bad decisions made along the way, but honestly, we all make them-- we just hope our good decisions are more profitable. Overall the only really big mistake I made was playing WAY too long on a shitty day at higher limits.

Anyway... this is yesterday.

Ok, this was today.
You can be sure I was NOT playing optimally today after suffering an asskicking of epic proportions yesterday. Also, I would say the cards ran about how I would expect, and not particularly lucky. For instance I lost $150 on a pot where TWO guys drew to club flushes on me and no back-up on the turn where I had a made straight AND a flush draw of a different suit...and of course their suit came. Anyway. I would defy to predict the results from the statistics.

Today: