Thread: Playing blind?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Playing blind?

[ QUOTE ]
I would play very loose and play everything that is slightly better than average against you. The better than avreage my cards, the stronger I might play, but I would mix it up a bit if you were making good reads on my play. Check out this chart for EV of starting hands against a random two other cards. Anything in black on the chart is worth playing in this situation, some are better(or much better) than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. The chart you refer to is actual data, and I highly doubt that a good number of hands are played HU with the bet blind strategy I've outlined. A pokerstove No Fold'em calculation might be more appropriate but I'm way too lazy to do that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In my extremely limited experience, aggression and even blind-aggression is often enough to fold players out of pots. The other players know I'm raising any bets that they put in so bluffing is out of the question. The hard part is deciding whether to check-call my raises or to value bet J-high, knowing that you're essentially making a double bet because it's going to come back raised. The guys I play with often opt to let these opportunities pass and fold before the river.

I guess the real key is knowing how much gamboool your opponents have. I think that the correct way to play it is to play any 2 cards better than the computer hand and to play them as hard as possible. Of course, now we're talking about a game of biased coinflips instead of poker. The guys I play with usually don't like that kind of gamble unless the coin is REALLY biased in their favor. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]