Thread: Playing blind?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Playing blind?

Ever try playing a hand without looking at your hole cards?

I've become somewhat infamous for doing this in my .10/.20 homegame. This usually happens after I've already built up a big stack and have run through 3-4 beers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The procedure is something like:
<ul type="square">[*]1. I announce that I'm going to play the hand blind. I'm usually in one of the blinds when I do this but have also done this from CO if I think the blinds are tight. [*]2. Open limp preflop. Limp if there are already 2+ other limpers. Raise or reraise if only one other person entered the pot. Call if isolation doesn't seem to be possible.[*]3. Bet or raise any flop.[*]4. Bet or raise any river. [/list]
I do this primarily for my own amusement, but I'm also completely focused on trying to read tells off the other players. Is there any utility in this or am I really just screwing around for the sake of screwing around?

Related questions: How do you play against a hand that you know is random but will not fold and will bet every street? What holdings would you play PF if you know this strategy will be employed? Do you keep playing if the flop misses you?

I guess I should mention that the homegame is usually played short-handed with 4-5 players. These guys are generally pretty good players but I don't think they adjust very well when I transition from reasonable player to complete nit for one hand. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]