View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: ICM/SNGPT rambling thoughts(long)

it predicts the future based solely on EQUAL SKILL LEVELS and EQUIVALENT TABLE-IMAGE...

do u agree that if u sit down next to 8 donks and gigabet that icm is correct in saying that everybody's ev is .1?

if not, then skill and table-image matter

and skill is not static...if an action during the time of the tourney (on this table, another, or non-poker related) occurs to change someone's actions (tilt, etc) then skill levels change...another thing that changes is table-image...if u push 27o and get caught, even if u win the hand, your future ev has gone down

do you agree that if i push 27o and get caught...then the ev of my pushing kjo next hand is less than if i folded that 27o? if so, then u agree that table image matters

ICM is a static predictor of the future, not dynamic...and it makes 2 HUGE assumptions: skill level and table image are equal

yes, no matter ur skill level, it helps to get an extra .1 ev...but if it hurts your table image, then it may not be worth the .1

again: i realize icm predicts the future, but only based on chip stacks and blinds...not based on skill/table image...both of which can change dynamically from hand to hand