View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Working on agression/protection

Hand 1

Preflop/Flop are fine
Turn- Bet is good, but, What do you think he is raising here on the turn that you beat? You said he is a decent player. I can't see him raising here without at least a pair of aces or better.

See, you raise preflop then bet the flop. You probably have at least a good pair in the hole or TPGK on the flop. He would consider that if he is a decent player. Also remember that a raise is usually a sign of more strength than a bet. I cant see him raising a ten or a queen here. If he is really aggressive I call down. If he is more passive/neutral... meh, I probably still call down since its heads up.

Hand 2
I lead this flop because you can't count on anyone to bet it for you. Letting it get checked through and letting somone outdraw you for Free is a mistake.

Turn/River I play the same usually. If I think he will call down with any piece I would bet the river.

Hand 3

You say you want to be more aggressive? Look at preflop, this is a really easy raise. The flop is an easy 3 bet. Turn/River look good depending on how aggressive BB is.