View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 09:01 AM

Default An Interesting Spot With Pocket Fours - Taj 50-100

So I go over to Taj on Saturday and we start up a nice 50-100 game 5 handed. Great action game. Anyway, this hand comes up...was I the action here or did I play it properly?

I have black fours in the cutoff. Very bad, loose player raises UTG. Terrible player coldcalls. I coldcall. The button folds and now the SB, a young player who seems pretty aggro, possibly decent player, but a little over the top 3-bets. The BB drops, UTG calls, limper calls and I call. 4 players to the flop, $650 pot. The flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The SB now checks (I figure either a monster or nothing or possibly something like 77). UTG bets, limper folds. I'm getting 14-1 to call so I'm going to see the turn (esp. with implied odds), but there is a slight chance I'm ahead here. UTG would bet a wide variety of hands if checked to. So I decide to raise. The SB now check 3-bets, UTG calls and I of course call. Comments? Results later.

Jeff