View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: AA on an interesting board (3/6)

Well, let's see. A flush really isn't especially likely, unless Button is 3-betting hands that are much worse than K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are all accounted for elsewhere).

I'm thinking the river card didn't change things all that drastically. We're still worried about JJ/TT (and maybe A7, a little), and we're hoping for KK/QQ or an overplayed AJ or JT-type hand.

If Button does have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or some other flush, though, there's a good chance he'll check behind. It's also possible he'll do that with a hand like Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] that picked up a flush draw on the turn to go with an overpair. So I hesitate to checkraise, partly for that reason and partly because I don't want to get 3-bet by a better boat.

I don't know. Donk the river, maybe? If Button raises again, though, and UTG now gets scared and goes away, then that's not so good.

I think I'm going to go with a river lead all the same. But I could be convinced another plan is better.