View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.

I think one can make a fair guess as to what would have happened if a similar tragedy struck a bunch of rich, white people somewhere.

Would thousands of people be left to suffer (and die) without any food and wallow in their own feces (like those who were struggling at NO conv-ctr) if they were rich and white??
There was nobody showing up to help them for several freaking days. They were just stuck there dying and piling bodies up in the freezer.

If it was a bunch of rich, white people one might guess there would be a higher likelihood that 10,000 paratroopers would descend upon the place with care-packages and medical supplies.

It is difficult to comprehend the enormity of how badly this whole thing was fouled-up.
Prior to this happening like it did I would NEVER have thought something like this was possible in the richest country in the world.

I know it's a huge area with a LOT of people that were in trouble and that the flood-waters everywhere made travel VERY difficult....but the situation WAS controllable if there hadn't been such an extraordinary delay in getting various forces down there.
It's truly mind-boggling...and I find the delayed response by our govt to people in need to be almost as sickening as the actual loss of roughly 10k lives in this disaster.