View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Cleveland Nautica Charity Poker Festivals

Certainly I am not opposed, but I don't believe the Nautica Charity Games are necessarily geared toward the poker enthusiast at this point.

First, take a look at: http://www.nauticacharitypoker.com/open_play.htm

The hourly seat fees are pretty damn expensive. Honestly, from all that I've found out about the game, it's not for the serious Hold 'em player. It attracts the right kind of crowd, your 21-50 year old with disposable income. That's what good location does for you, right in the Flats.

While the prototypical fish is being lured into the game, you've got to consider the fact that you're paying almost 1.5BB/hr to sit; on top of that you're not going to be getting that many hands because of volunteer dealers. As the OP said, many have never even played before. IMO, the Nautica games leave a lot to be desired. While I've never played in the tournaments myself, I hear they take 30% off the top. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're in the Cleveland area, you're best served to call 216-676-4500. That's the Jackpot Festival Gaming hotline (many already know this). Anyway, their games are prime during the summer, mostly the church festivals. Lots of fishsticks to be picked apart, no matter what the limit. If you find the "hall" (as my friends and I affectionately call it) during off-peak season, you're pretty much going to be playing in a rock garden. But there's pretty much always a game on the East side, the West side, and even in the Akron area. That is, however, when the place isn't getting raided. Not that it's a common occurance, but it has been known to happen when the dealers are getting paid.

Just my two cents anyway. I'd love to hear from others that have played at Nautica tho.

-r