View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Is equity all there is to it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You cannot any longer just put him on the 17% best starting hands. You have to try to put him on a range that makes it reasonable for him to check-raise this particular flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, that's pretty clear, could you take a guess at what range of hands would three bet here or is that too player dependent?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really think I'm the best qualified to do this, but I can try to give you my thoughts about the hand.

The fact that MP1 called after you on the flop makes it less likely that SB is on a complete bluff, which would otherwise be possible for a very agressive player. Hands like AT or JJ come to mind. A set of tens is reasonable. It of course depends on reads, but there are certainly players which would play these hands like this. The nut flush draw with a lower pair also seems possible, if SB would call with such a hand pf.

Another way to look at the whole thin is that you will make top pair, a flush or a straight more than 50% of the time by the river (and you are going to the river no matter what). So you can try asking yourself how many hands he can have that would beat the hands you can make.

I'm not at all sure about this myself, but I think I would just call his flop raise. But on the other hand there might be a point in driving MP1 out in case he has you reverse dominated.