View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Poker stars micro games

I just switched over from party to clear a bonus and I have not been thrilled with the table selection either. There are a few capable players who still don't understand staying away from other capable players' raises with decent, but easily foldable hands. That's a pain in the butt with AQ in early position.

After discussing it with my brother, microlimit wizard, here's how I am adjusting.

1) I make a point to play peak times and choose tables carefully.
2) I steal blinds more (by that I mean sometimes).
3) I keep track of each player's style more closely, because adding "but/and extremely bad at poker" to your description of their game is not as much of a given.
4) I play a little bit tighter than the SSH hand chart from early position - too many isolation raises- and try to isolate weak players with a raise from late position if the opportunity arises and the blinds are tight.
5) Even the second best players at the table are too loose passive in general but especially on the river and turn- I think they're too scared of bluffs and suckouts. Don't be fooled, this is a leak and you can make them pay for their craven play. Make good value bets and if you've seen a checkraise or donkbet, think hard about folding in a wimpy pot.